Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Review for Immortal Surrender by Claire Ashgrove

Title: Immortal Surrender (The Curse of the Templars # 2)
Author: Claire Ashgrove

Description: Farran de Clare, loyal member of the cursed Knights Templar, wants nothing to do with predestined mates. Even the Almighty won’t turn him into a fool again—he’d rather sacrifice his soul. Yet in the scientist Noelle Keane, a devout atheist, Farran meets the seraph designed for him.

Ordered by the archangel Gabriel to protect Noelle, the possessor of a sacred relic that could give Azazel incredible power, Farran swears to do his duty—but in name only. Fighting an attraction that grows with each day, he’s determined that he’ll never pledge himself to her.

As they war over her future, their mutual passion ignites a conflict far more damning. But before Noelle will agree to eternity with him, she demands the ultimate sacrifice – his heart

My Thoughts: Noelle Keane a Non-Believer of all things God ,was given a very important task to carbon date a sacred relic that her long time friend Gabriel brought her. As she produces the information to verify it is the real deal then she must return it to it's rightful place. Just not before the meddling Gabriel gives her a gift of the Seraph Torc. Of course she doesn't know that. She just knows she can't get the blasted thing off and that Gabriel is making her have bodyguards . One of them being the oh so smexy yet eternally grumpy Farran.  Farran who is about to find out that she is one of the prophesied Seraphs. Unknown to him, she also bears his mark, and therefore she is his. Farran doesn't want a seraph he had already been burned by a woman and already accepted the inevitable, which is dying fighting against the Azazel .Yet, he agrees to take the oath. Just not pledge his loyalty. Noelle first off thinks he is crazy, and won't take a vow she doesn't mean with her full heart.

Let me start with this; it is my first trip into the Templars but will not be the last. I plan on going back and reading book one. Although, you can read this book as a stand alone and will have no trouble following it. I will say you get to see more of the characters from book one which will make it a case of you don't need to read book one but will want to go back to see what you missed.I really enjoyed my visit into this world.

Farran you are one sexy Templar, but you had me wanting to pull my hair out and yell at you myself in person. In a case of once burned, twice shy you took it to a level beyond that. You had me gnawing at the bit to gripe at you in certain instances and then you do a complete turn and I see swoon moments . While I really enjoyed Noelle; she was a strong character who you really enjoyed after you got over her self doubt about her looks but let's face it... That made her more real. Because as I see it, we all doubt our looks especially if we hadn't impressed guys in the past and here before us is a super smexy smoldering brute with a chip on his shoulder that we think wouldn't look twice at us. As Ashgroves writing progressed and both characters grew I fell in love with all in the story. Noelle held her own and got even stronger as the book went on . The slow build up to the passion between Farran and Noelle had me anxious for the big moment. You still enjoy all the background characters and try to think who you would like to see next get their story told. I also enjoyed the action and villains that Asgrove gave us. I had a hard time breaking away from the book to get cleaning and errands done myself, but I love a book that can hold me like that and Ashgrove delivered it. Now, I will anxiously read book one and am looking forward to book three. Please don't make us wait too long before we can journey back into this world of the fierce Templars and their amazing Seraphs.
 
4 out of 5 Stars
 
You can purchase it here: Amazon  B&N

No comments: