Hunters of the supernatural, the Execution Underground are an elite group tasked with protecting humanity…but what happens when danger collides with desire?
Jace McCannon has one loyalty: the Execution Underground. Despite his mixed blood, his hatred for the werewolves he hunts is legendary. But in his search for a sadistic killer, Jace finds himself face-to-face with a stunningly seductive packmaster…and longing for a night with his mortal enemy.
Nothing can stop Frankie Amato from defending her kind-or catching the rogue responsible for killing women in her territory. For that, this alpha female needs Jace’s skills more than she wants to admit. But as their investigation exposes evil truths, need burns into a passion that dare not be fulfilled. For to do so will have deadly consequences for them both…
******* GUEST POST *******
Ten Random Fun Facts about Heroine Frankie Amato
Werewolf packmaster, Frankie Amato, is the first female packmaster in Rochester. Frankie is one tough chick who commands the respect of her pack. But despite her powerful exterior, Frankie is a tender person at her, who loves her pack and would do anything to protect them, including sacrificing her own happiness for the greater good. She’s asked to do just that in Twilight Hunter when she’s expected to mate with an alpha male member of her pack, but at the last moment, Frankie skips the mating ceremony and instead winds up in the clutches of a man who hunts and hates her kind. With the days quickly leading up to the release of Frankie’s novel, Twilight Hunter, I thought I’d share with you ten random fun facts about this badass chick who steals the heart of werewolf hunter andTwilight Hunter hero, Jace McCannon. Enjoy!
1. Frankie is a professional salsa dancer and instructor, and owns a studio where she teaches, so when she’s not fighting rogues or keeping the members of her pack in line with brute force, she’s shaking it out of the dance floor with style.
2. Frankie was born and raised in Rochester, New York and aside from family trips to visit the “old country” in Italy, the only places she’s traveled outside of Rochester have been for salsa competitions.
3. On that note, she’s also Italian. You know, in case you couldn’t tell from her name.
4. Many people assume that Frankie’s name is a shortened version of Francesca, but it’s not. Francesca was her mother’s name. Frankie’s birth name is exactly what she’s called: Frankie. However, she uses the name Francesca to hide her identity from werewolf hunter and hero Jace McCannon, who would gladly serve up the packmaster’s head on a silver platter. Don’t even get her started on the fact that Jace assumed Frankie was a guy’s name...
5. Family was a huge part of Frankie’s life until her parents were murdered three years earlier, which as her parents’ only child, allowed her to ascend to packmaster to replace her father.
6. Frankie’s favorite color is red, but she looks best in blue, which is why most of her salsa costumes are that color.
7. She hates long walks on the beach, mainly because she can’t stand overbearing heat, though she doesn’t really like the Rochester cold either.
8. She spends an unreasonable amount of time in the nail salon getting her nails done, particularly near the time of her annual estrus cycle, but it’s purely out of obsessive necessity.Fingernails which won’t stop growing is one of the shitty parts of being a female werewolf. Thank God that only happens once a year.
9. Her fighting specialty is speed shifting. While it takes some shifters nearly a minute to shift into wolf form, in a pinch Frankie can do shift in one second flat—literally—which is a powerful tool in a fight. She’s very in touch with her inner wolf.
10. In wolf form, Frankie’s fur is midnight black, the same color that her hair is when she is human form. Though her eyes are normally a deep chocolate brown, when she’s in wolf form they’re a bright golden hue
Kait Ballenger is a full-time paranormal romance author, wife,bellydancer, graduate student, and soon-to-be-professor. She is the multi-published, award-winning author of the Execution Underground paranormal romance series. With a B.A in English from Stetson University, Kait is currently earning an M.F.A in Writing. Kait believes anything is possible with hard work and dedication. One day, she hopes to be a bestseller and to see her novels on the big screen. Look for the next two books in her page-turning Execution Underground series: Twilight Hunter, book one (August 2013) and Immortal Hunter, book two(January 2014), and don’t forget to check out Shadow Hunter, a prequel novella to the series featured in the After Dark anthology along NYT Bestseller Gena Showalter—now available in trade paperback, ebook, and audiobook formats. For more information, please visit www.kaitballenger.com or follow her on Twitter @kait_ballenger.
******* GIVEAWAY ********
Kait is offering up one signed copy of Twilight Hunter for U.S and Canadian residents only. Just fill out the rafflecopter below to be entered.