I would like to take the time to Welcome Darynda Jones to United By Books. I am so excited to have her on the page. Everyone, give Darynda a warm welcome. And now, onto the star of this post a lady I have admired, and a wonderful author.....here is Darynda Jones
Many people have asked if I am anything like the protagonist in my Charley Davidson series. While I would love to say I am exactly like her, alas, I do not sparkle or see dead people or usher souls into the light. But I do have ADD! That’s something, right? So I thought it would be fun to do a compare and contrast of an author and her creation.
Since we’ve already established that I don’t glow or talk to dead people, we can move past that and get to the good stuff.
• Charley likes boys. I like boys!
• Charley named her breasts. I call mine the girls.
• Charley is into leather and boots. I am too, depending on the occasion.
• Charley wears a lot of black. I hardly have anything else.
• Charley has one tattoo. I have one tattoo.
• Charley loves all animals…except for poodles. ☺
• Charley loves coffee. I love coffee.
• Charley likes muscular men. I like muscular men. I know, it’s eerie.
• Charley gets distracted easily. I remember this one time…
• Charley can withstand torture. I can withstand a hardy breeze.
• Charley can momentarily slow time. I can slow cook a pot roast.
• Charley has a killer death stare. I have more of a sickly, annoying stare.
• Charley makes jeans look good. I make chocolate cake look good. You know, with sprinkles and stuff.
• Charley helps people cross to the other side. I help people cross the street.
• Charley solves crimes. I solve word puzzles.
• Charley has gold eyes. I have gold salad tongs.
• Charley invites trouble. I invite people to lunch.
• Charley will save the world from total destruction. I will save twenty percent on my next visit to The Buckle.
So, as you can see, while Charley and I do share some qualities, she is pretty much her own girl. Strong. Independent. In need of medication. Maybe we have more in common that I thought.
Thank you so much for having me, Lindsey!!!
Thanks again so much for paying us a visit today on the page it was a pleasure having you here with us as im sure everyone will agree.
Now the great people at Macmillan Audio have so generously donated not 1 but 2 audio copies of Second Grave on the Left.....How many of you love audio books? want a chance to win? Leave a comment on this post for Darynda and send a shout out thank you to Macmillan Audio for the donation. This giveaway will go for a week, which means next Friday the winners will be announced. Dont forget to leave your email address so we can contact you if you win. Sorry this is for U.S. Residents Only
If you would like to purchase the Audio Book Version of it the link is located here:
Pre-Order Audio Version of Second Grave on the Left