Sunday, February 19, 2012

Review for Hell's Phoenix by Gracen Miller

Title: Hell's Phoenix
Author: Gracen Miller

Description: Hell’s become more than just a playground for the wicked…

Going to Hell was supposed to save Madison, but knowing she’s dead because of his failure leaves Nix with only one thing to live for. Revenge. With Micah’s help he learns to use his Messianic power. Anything for Mads has become his mantra, even if it means killing innocents to gather the power he needs to succeed. A tsunami he unleashes on a Gulf Coast city is stopped with magical interference, and Nix is more than surprised to feel Madison in the opposing magic. Can he and Micah set a trap to lure her out?

Pandora’s Box…once you open it, there’s no turning back!

Madison has done the unthinkable, opened Pandora’s Box to save Nix from Hell. And failed. She’s willing to risk her own life to rescue Nix, but she worries about the welfare of her accomplice in the mission and leaving her son behind. Following up on a lead, she’s ambushed by Nix and Micah. Shocked and hurt to discover Nix has become a willing participant of Hell, she’s more certain than ever she won’t escape the demonic fate her husband outlined for her. While in Hell, she discovers denying the emergence of her succubus is futile, which means getting Nix out of Hell after embracing her inner demon just became a very real dilemma…

My Thoughts: The ride in Hell continues! Do you see the burn marks? I was scorched by the fires of Hell for my sins of enjoyment in “Hell's Phoenix” ! Mads has one goal in mind, to get Nix out of hell. And once she sets her mind to something, she doesn't give up until she is satisfied. What Mads doesn't expect is the temptations she must face to save a love she thinks she isn't worthy of having. First, let me say I probably shouldn't have been reading at work because, like any good Hellhound, when a salesperson would ask me something, I would growl at him. I may have cussed out the fax machine for another interruption. If you found “Pandora's Box” one thrilling, Hell ridden ride, then let me tell you Gracen Miller has upped her game in “Hell’s Phoenix“. You see sides of Micah that make you think he isn't as bad as you first thought. Boy, I want him to do bad things to me. Mads is the loving heart, not to mention sassy, sexy and fierce. She knows how to keep the guys on their toes. You see a side of Nix that will make you gasp, but still find him and his love for Mads an enduring thrill ride. Not to mention, he is still that hot Sherlock with an edge, thanks to Hell. Who wouldn't get all swoony over a guy who would go into Hell just to save you? Among the starring roles, Miller brings back the other players we have grown to love and throws in a few extra lust-worthy characters. This read had me on a roller coaster of a gut wrenching, hanging on for dear life ride that I did not want to get off. The sex scenes were insane! Gracen Miller, I am waiting on book 3 “Genesis Queen” and if I don't see it in the near future I may have to do bad things! I should add I was asked to repent, but how could I when I lust for more, like the naughty Hellhound I am! 

5 out of 5 stars

You can buy it here:


You can join us HELLHOUNDS here:

Road To Hell Series Fan Page on Facebook  

1 comment:

Candice Stauffer said...

Great Review! Love the series! :)