Saturday, November 5, 2011

Review for Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Title: Dark Lover
Author: J. R. Ward

Description: In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood. 

The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.

My thoughts: I can't believe I held out so long on reading this series! I started this book to appease a few of my friends, that just so happen to be die hard BDB fans. What went from two chapters quickly lead to me turning the page in anticipation to see what was going to happen next. Darious, one of the Brotherhood, asks Wrath to help his daughter Beth in her transition. Wrath refuses, but then something happens to Darius and Wrath goes to Beth. Once he sees her and gives into some hot loving, he knows there is nothing he wouldn't do to protect her. Wrath, for being my first in the Brotherhood, you definitely have a l’il piece of my heart. Seriously, you can’t go wrong with one hot, tall, sexy vampire in leather and so much alpha. Beth, you couldn't help but admire. As far as leading ladies go, she is beautiful, takes no shit and has a loving side even though her growing up was spent in the system. All of the brothers have you craving more of them since you get a peek at all of their personalities. I admit to sneaking a peek at the next book “Lover Eternal” and wanted to jump right into “Rhage“. There are bad ass, hot vampires, romance, and some intenseness in “Dark Lover” that keeps your nose in the book.  I originally started this book because the BDB fans, who are my friends, made me feel I was committing a sin for not reading them sooner. I see now they were right as it quickly turned into my for “fun book” as a break from reviewing. I am officially now a BDB girl, who longs for my next fix into the world of the Brotherhood. There are some words you might not or won’t understand, but thankfully J.R. has included a glossary to help. So, while some of you may get frustrated about having to take a break and flip back to look to the glossary, don’t be, it’s well worth it.  J.R. Ward is a wonderful, talented, and unique writer. I would definitely recommend this series to anyone else living in sin like I was prior to this review. Save your immortal soul and check them out!

5 out of 5 stars

You can find J.R. Ward here at the link below :


You can buy Dark Lover here:

Costs: 7.99


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such an overall great series. One of my top 5 favs. Glad you enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

Awesome review Lindsey, I can't wait to read the series myself!